Sunday, March 24, 2013

Baked Apple Cider Donuts



Have you ever been to a New England apple orchard and eaten apple cider donuts fresh from the fryer, covered in delicious cinnamon sugar? They make your hands all sticky and grainy, but it's SO worth it, because your taste buds are doing dances of joy. If you've never experienced this, make these donuts IMMEDIATELY. If you have, I probably don't need to convince you.

We don't need to get into semantics about how these are in no way, shape, or form seasonally relevant - I made these for my mother's Christmas office party a few months and people went nuts over them; I made a batch for my roommates last month, and they were gone in a day. They're (slightly?) healthier than their fried counterparts because they are baked and made with white whole wheat flour. You don't need a special donut pan for these, which is not something you can say about a lot of donut recipes. And reducing the apple cider makes your house smell like a warm, apple-y wonderland. They're so perfect for Sunday brunch, and they keep for a week or so in an airtight container (not that they last that long in my house) for an on-the-go breakfast, or lunch, or dinner, or snack. These are just really good, guys. Check out my post on Simmer Magazine to get the recipe, and get cookin'!


2 comments :

  1. Katherine / Of Corgis & CocktailsMarch 25, 2013 at 2:15 AM

    MMM Oh my gosh I want these RIGHT NOW! They sound sooo good

    ReplyDelete
  2. MAKE MORE OF THESE SINCE I ONLY HAD THREE LAST TIME.
    okay I just reread that but I still have no regrets. finger licking good, my lady.

    ReplyDelete